The SPANGL4Q Team
SPANGL4Q is made up of seven European research groups:
- University of Bristol, UK (co-ordinator: Dr. Ruth Oulton)
- Wuerzburg University, Germany
- TU Dortmund, Germany
- Institute for Solid State Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
- FOM Institute AMOLF, Netherlands
- Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute, Russican Academy of Sciences, Russia
- Spin-Optics Laboratory, St. Petersburg State University, Russia
Academics, postdocs and PhDs at the SPANGL4Q kick-off meeting in Wuerzburg, 22nd March 2012.
From left to right: Alex Greilich, Ilya Akimov (TU Dortmund), Vladimir Kulakovskii (ISSP- RAS), Alex Huggenberger (Uni Wuerzburg), Andrei Maksimov (ISSP-RAS), Kirill Kavokin (Ioffe Inst), Sven Höfling (Uni Wuerzburg), Christian Schneider (Uni Wuerzburg), John Rarity (Uni Bristol), Ruth Oulton (Uni Bristol), Sebastian Meier (Uni Wuerzburg) , Kobus Kuipers (AMOLF), Arthur Thijssen (Uni Bristol), Martin Garcia-Lopez (Uni Bristol).
In September 2013, a new scientific partner was added to the SPANGL4Q team: SOLAB ("Spin-optics laboratory" at St. Petersburg State University)
An inaugaural visit to SOLAB by the Coordinator and Bristol students to kick-start scientific collaborations occured in September 2013.
Also in the picture is a tunable TiSp laser and a closed-cycle cooled cryostat for a newly equipped state-of-the-art spin-noise measurement.